The village of St Thomas de Conac is just over 2 kilometres away, the village offers a very good bakery, butcher and a bar/restaurant.
The nearest large supermarket is in Mirambeau, about 6 kilometres away.
Locally there is a wide selection of restaurants ranging from Chateau gourmet dining through to creperies and harbourside fish and local speciality restaurants.
Meschers, an exceptional troglodytique site and award winning seaside resort is within an easy drive as are the beaches of Royan and many other popular tourist attractions..
This is an important wine region and just a short drive away you will find yourself in cognac country and in the interesting towns of Cognac, Saintes and Pons.
Just over 1 hour and you can be in the ancient port of La Rochelle the capital city of the Charente Maritime with its historic sites and harbour side bars and restaurants.
The area benefits from a wonderful warm climate, extending from early Spring right through to late Autumn.
- Award winning beaches
- Fishing villages
- Wonderful walking
- A short drive from cognac country
- Just 1 hour from Bordeaux
- Fabulous cycling country
- 1 hour 30 minutes from Futuroscope
- 30 minutes from La Palmyre Zoo
- 30 minutes from superb golf course
- Wide choice of restaurants within 15 minutes
- 20 minutes from Les Antilles de Jonzac
- In the heart of a wine region
- Close to the lovely towns of Jonzac, Pons, Cognac and Saintes
- A landscape peppered with pretty villlages and hamlets
- Regular markets throughout the year
- Night markets in the summer season
What To See And Do
Fantastic karting fun for all.
Open 7 days per week during the season June to September.
- Antilles de Jonzac
Water park with 10000m2 of water fun.
For the family, slides, waves, waterfalls and jets of water. For adults the relaxing Roman bath.
- Zoo de la Palmyre
Zoo with plenty to see. A particular favourite is the goat petting area where you can get up close to fabulous pygmy goats!